It’s a record breaker. IT’S ANOTHER RECORD BREAKER! I hope you’re getting ready to join over 1,700 people at the 2012 HR Florida State Conference & Expo in Orlando, which starts Monday, August 27. If you want to be in on the fun, head over to www.hrflorida.org to register. State conference director Dana Chatelain (@DanaChatel) has worked hard to ensure a stupendous, crowd pleasing event. Here’s just a snippet of what to expect…
- An At-Large Member Reception for SHRM members who are interested in joining a local chapter. Learn more about the benefits of chapter membership in a low-key, casual atmosphere, led by immediate past president Kitty Fields, SPHR (@HRFLKitty) and membersip directors Chris Scott, PHR and Maryellen Castellano, SPHR.
- “The New HR” Student Reception for students majoring in HR. Join veteran networkers and long-time members of the HR community in a fun, social networking event led by college relations director Samantha Hernandez, South Brevard SHRM chapter president Jim Gallo, SPHR and president Joan Ciferri, SPHR, CPC of David Wood Personnel.
- Keynotes from digital marketing and personal branding expert, Mitch Joel, special investigations correspondent Soledad O’Brien, and former Blue Angels solo pilot, John Foley.
- Over 100 concurrent sessions to choose from, including five Master’s Series sessions on HR metrics, diversity & inclusion, change, building a “best” company and employee engagement.
- Social media coverage by the Social Tech Team, a noted panel of bloggers, including:
- Steve Boese (@steveboese) from HR Happy Hour
- Joe Gerstandt (@joegerstandt) from the Global Diversity and Inclusion Foundation
- Amanda Hite (@sexythinker) from Talent Revolution
- Jason Lauritsen (@jasonlauritsen) from Bulletproof Talent
- Trish McFarlane (@trishmcfarlane) from Perficient, Inc., and
- Lisa Rosendahl (@lisarosendahl) from Simply Lisa and Women of HR.
These professionals will not only share their unique perspectives on conference sessions and events, but will also be discussing social media and its global impact. And, there is so much more happening that I can’t even begin to list here.
Yes, this is a SHAMELESS plug for HR Florida and it’s outstanding annual conference, but I want you to attend and when you do, make the most of your experience there. This is an unprecedented opportunity to be at the leading edge of HR. So…
Engage in the dialogue that will be taking place throughout the conference. Listen to what HR practitioners of all functions, levels, specialties, etc. have to say about what’s happening now and what needs to happen in the future. Push back when something said doesn’t seem right. Ask questions; seek answers. Get some new ideas and bring them back.
Be a true HR hero – join us in becoming educated and engaged HR pros who have an influence on our field and the organizations we serve.
That’s what I plan to do. See you at the conference!